1 + 1 + 1 = YUM!
Work, school, and healthy meal prepping are definitely more chore than fun at times, especially when the extracurricular activities begin. The team at Just 4 You Meals has compiled our own simple formula 4 making school lunch “easy meal prep.”
1 = Pick one whole grain. We recommend quinoa and brown rice as two easy ones to start with.
1 = Pick one fresh vegetable. J4YMeals loves fresh & local foods, and we purchase local in season veggies as much as possible. Green beans, carrots, bell peppers all make great choices.
1 = Pick one protein. A beef roast, chicken breasts, even frozen fish portions make great choices.
Doing the Math “The Prep”:
- 4 oz. This is the amount of each portion you will plate 4 each meal.
- Cook off a pound of grain (provides roughly 12 four oz. portions) 3lb.s of your veggie of choice, and 3lbs of your protein. This roughly provides 12 meals.
- Seasoning? Salt, pepper, and olive oil are great for most items.
A Recipe 4 You
Ingredients: 1lb quinoa, 3lbs green beans, 3lbs of frozen tilapia, salt, pepper, olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (f)
- Cook off the quinoa according to the directions on the bag. A simple hack is boil some water. Place quinoa in oven safe container. Pour boiling water on top of quinoa with about an inch over the grain and over with aluminum foil. Cook in oven for about 30 minutes or until quinoa has “popped.”
- Green beans fresh or frozen make sure stems are removed. Heat olive oil in saute pan (medium) and cook on stove. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until beans are slightly soft.
- Frozen tilapia. Take baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Toss the fish in some olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper all over. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Fish should be flaky and firm (not frozen) when finished.
- Let everything cool on the counter.
- Serve 4oz. Of each item in a sealable container-preferably something microwave safe.
- Enjoy 1+1+1=YUM!
Just 4 You Meals is a local Meal Prep Company here in the Piedmont Triad. We service High Point, Kernersville, Winston-Salme, and Greensboro with fresh local foods. Check us out and see how we can empower your meal prep.