A Base from which to Build Your Grilling Empire
Grilling season is upon us. Whether or not you are an old pro or a budding novice, the Chef has a great base burger recipe Just 4 You. Healthy meal prep does not mean you have to sacrifice flavor. If the Triad’s premier fresh, never frozen, meal delivery service has proven one thing over the last few year, it is this: Great Flavor Can Be Healthy.
This base burger recipe is just that. A base upon which you can modify and add the healthy toppings you enjoy. These can be made ahead of time and serve as the protein in your weekly meal prep.
What You Need “The Awesome Ingredients”
- 1lb of ground beef. We recommend an 80/20 or 90/10 meat to fat ratio.
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
What to Do
- Whisk egg thoroughly in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients - save for the beef. Combine thoroughly.
- Crumble in beef and mix by hand until well combined.
- Get a baking sheet and line with wax or parchment paper.
- Place a square of parchment paper on your counter and wrap and small plate with plastic wrap.
- Make equal balls of beef - weigh for exactness. Press between plate and was paper. Lay on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill over a med. High flame. Let rest for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Use some cauliflower sandwich thins instead of a bun for an even healthier option!
A gift from the Chef. Need a break from cooking? Let the Triad’s premier meal prep company cook for you this week. All our meals are portioned, cooked with fresh local foods, and made to order. Enter the promo code “J4YOU” to take $5 dollars off your next order. Good for a limited time.