Carbs often receive a bad rap in the health food industry to the point the belief is established one cannot lose weight while consuming them. Many diets are built around carb deficits.* At Just 4 You Meals we like to take a holistic approach to eating with plans and entrees built around both philosophies of carb deficits (think keto), as well as complex carbs which support fueling your metabolism.
One of the popular items on Just 4 You Meals’ menu is our overnight oats. This easy and healthy meal prep item provides a simple solution to breakfast time, snack time, and even dessert time. This item can be made the day or a couple days ahead of time, package, and consumed when needed.
Plus the kids will like this one.
What you need:
- Rolled oats (not instant) - 4 cups
- Chia seeds 2 tbs
- Flax seeds 2 tbs
- Chopped almonds-unsalted 2 tbs
- Milk 1.5 cups
- Greek yogurt .5 cup
- Pint containers
For the topping, choose a fresh fruit of your choice. For this recipe we will use raspberries and blueberries.
- In a large mixing bowl combine rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and almonds. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Add milk and Greek yogurt to dry oats mixture. Oats should have some extra liquid to them.
- Fill pint container, really any smaller size container with a lid, two thirds of the way with wet oat mixture.
- Sprinkle fruit on top. Cover container with lid, and place in refrigerator overnight.
Oats will be ready to eat by the next morning! Great source of complex carbs.
*Jy4Meals does not prescribe to one particular diet. For information concerning what diet(s) would be best for you please seek a professional nutritionist.