Grab you iron skillet!
For those of you who like your steak in the range of red to pink in the middle - we understand. There is nothing quite like a warm soft ribeye this time of year to cheer yourself up for a meal for two or just 4 you.
Even better this recipe is healthy and good 4 you.
What you need 4 the pan seared steak:
- Steak cut of your choice. We recommend ribeye.
- Coconut oil
- Salt & pepper.
- Grab your steaks and let them sit on the counter until they reach room temperature. About 30 minutes on the counter.
- Warm up your iron skillet until it is hot then add one tbs of coconut oil. Spread evenly around the skillet so the bottom is well coated.
- Generously season each side of the steak with salt and fresh ground pepper. If you are restricting the salt, still be generous with the pepper.
- Gently lay steak(s) away from you. You should hear a distinct sizzle. If not, the pan is not hot enough. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Removed from heat and let rest for at least five minutes before enjoying.
Fresh, healthy, does not need to be complicated. This dish pairs well with your favorite cauliflower mash and green beans. We enjoy making our cauliflower au gratin potatoes.
Want more recipes? Check out our healthy meal prep company for many easy meal prep ideas and local foods served fresh 4 you each week.