Peach with A Bit of Heat BBQ Sauce
Tis the season for grilling. Here in the Just 4 You Meals kitchen we are always looking for easy meal prep ideas to use and share with our community.
For many of our members cutting sugar out of recipes we enjoy, but being able to still enjoy them is a big deal. BBQ sauce is notorious for having too much sugar but this recipe will provide a great dipping sauce or grilling sauce for your favorite pork and chicken.
What You Need:
- 1 cup of canned peaches drained (buy the kind in its juice)
- 1 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup (buy one without all the added sugar)
- 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs of worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbs of yellow mustard
- 1 tbs of Cholula sauce (sub for your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 tsp of smoke paprika
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground oregano
Making this dish is super simple.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Over low to medium heat stir the ingredients together until uniform throughout. May need to let cook and blend in a blender or use a stick blender depending on how this you like the peaches.
- Store in an air tight container in your refrigerator. Enjoy!